Flashback! My LA time seems like it was so long ago now, and actually it was, since a month has passed already. Starting of the Cali adventure with a post shot at my hotel for the first couple of nights: the Sofitel. I figured it was fun shooting an editorial at the hotel’s best asset, which for me was their pool. Next to the most comfy bed I ever slept in that is, I can absolutely recommend it to everyone. Anyway, back to that pool. Unfortunately we didn’t really have loads of time to enjoy it since the weather was not quite as amazing as we anticipated on. But we sure did make the most out of those last few rays that popped through the clouds at the end of the day. Winding down in one of the big sofa beds with a glass of wine, before dipping in the heated pool. Pure pleasure! The central location of the Sofitel did help as well, it was so easy to reach after days full of meetings, right in the centre of Beverly Hills, looking out over Hollywood. Without sounding to spoiled, for both me and Ralph it’s kinda “key” to have a quiet and spacious place to get back to at the end of a busy day. It’s the ultimate luxury of traveling often I guess!
Anyway, a little word about the outfit. I’m not entirely sure if you can actually call it that, since I’m not really wearing much. But what I am wearing are some of my sunbathing essentials:
1. A bathing suit. I’m starting to get obsessed with bathing suits, even preferring them over bikinis at the moment. It’s usually slightly more covering, which is great because you don’t really have to worry about that burger you ate the night before – you’re not really showing your belly anyway. It’s chicer as well, it just has that certain “je ne sais quoi” to it don’t you think?
2. A hat. Again, another obsessions of mine, and this affordable one is my fave. Not only because it looks good, but also to protect myself from getting heat strokes and my face from burning. That pale skin of mine definitely needs protection which leads me to my next point.
3. SPF a lot. Whether it’s 30 or 50 even, I always protect my skin. It’s key for so many reasons, I guess you all know the drill. Rather slightly less tanned and a healthy skin later in life than the opposite, right? My favorite is one from Clinique.
4. Sunglasses. It might not be necessary when you’re wearing a hat, but I always bring them anyway. When I go swimming or just lay down, these will not leave my face. The ones I’m wearing here are current favorites which I snapped up at Urban Outfitters for less than 20 bucks.
5. Cover-up. I don’t really go tanning as much as I did when I was younger, the opposite actually. I feel both bored and unhealthy doing that for more than 30 minutes or so. Although I do know that a little vitamin C will not kill anybody, I’m always super cautious about it. So I bring cover-ups. A lot of them, because a girl wants options right? Find my faves below.
SHOP THE POST: